- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Gordon & MacPhail (GM)
- Bottling serie
- Connoisseurs Choice
- Stated Age
- 14 years old
- 4 x 1st Fill Bourbon Barrels
- Batch 18/104
- Number of bottles
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- A Vatting of 4 Casks
- Bottle code
- 15/11/18 181523
- Added on
- 11 Jan 2019 8:14 am by maltaholic
16 × in wishlist
31 × member ratings
61 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenburgie 2004 GM
10 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.25 points
- Glenburgie 14yo 2004 Connisseurs Choice 46% Gordon Macphail. Aroma of clean American oak. Notes of banana and vanilla. Banana split. Mango. Just very good American oak. Touch of eggnog. It's a nice aroma. Taste is spicy up front, quite hot at the abv to start, faint bready notes, clean spirit, fruits, rounded fruity yet bready super-clean and mature spirit. Lingering note suggests the slightest peat or maybe a touch of barrel char. Textbook 'vanilla' Scotch whisky. Excellently put together without a doubt. 3.65/87
- Very fresh, fruity and grassy in the nose, more sweetness in the mouth. Smooth and friendly, wtihout getting thin or pale. Pleasant, although a little more alcohol would have done just a little better for this one.
Fresh, fruity, citrus, grassy and floral. Also some sweet notes of vanilla. Then also some pear and marzipan.
fresh and light, a little pickering on the tongue. Some citrus, orange, sweet as well, vanilla. Then also some caramel. It remains soft and smooth and light.
Still a little pickering, sweet and fruity. Some peach, honey, vanilla. A bit bitter and dry, not very long. Later on a little stronger and longer.
- A very tasty and fruity summer whisky. Recommendation!
- Color is soave (from Charles Maclean's whisky wheel)
Noses makes me think of the 1995 Signatory for 20 rue d'Anjou, it's a good sign. Apples, tropical fruits, vanilla, touch of acetone. Maybe white chocolate. Nice.
Sweet arrival. Apple, grapefruit, pepper, nutmeg. Texture gets a bit creamy. A little too simple.
Spicy, fruity, oaky, slightly drying. Medium long.