- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Triple Cask Matured - Limited Edition
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- American & European Sherry & American Bourbon
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Tin Gift Box
- Added on
- 03 Jan 2019 3:59 pm by christer71
5 × in wishlist
11 × member ratings
53 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Macallan 12-year-old
3 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 81.33 points
- Very simple malt, very soft, silk. It is very well drunk, but there is nothing memorable about it. Before that, I tried Fine Oak of the same age and it seemed to me more intense in everything with the same softness. Will I buy it again? No!
- Macallan's Triple Cask range was launched in 2018, taking the place of the Fine Oak range. This is the entry level expression from the series, matured for 12 years and drawn from a combination of European sherry seasoned casks, American sherry seasoned casks and American ex-bourbon casks.
Gingerbread, vanilla essence, wafts of buttered toast and clotted-cream-topped scones.
Raisins, sultanas and stem ginger. Citrus begins to develop on the palate, with a touch of dark chocolate.
Subtle cedar and honey linger on the palate.