- Whiskybase ID
- Single Grain
- The Scotch Malt Whisky Society (SMWS)
- Bottling serie
- Butter, Scotch and butterscotch
- Stated Age
- 29 years old
- Refill Ex-Bourbon Hogshead
- Number of bottles
- 60.1 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 03 Jan 2019 12:36 pm by Tauti
4 × in wishlist
18 × member ratings
23 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Cambus 1989 SMWS G8.9
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.44 points
- Fantastic. There is little to add to this. More length maybe and it could be more whisky-ish, if you know what I mean. But who wants to complain at this level? Full review (in german): https://keinehalbendrinks.de/2019/12/31/grain-verloren-und-verschwiegen/
- Fruity, floral, sweet, sticky and dense. Requires time to sit.
The smell of toasted sunflower seeds in a background of summer, basking in the summer heat with a stream of air. Blowing through the countryside, as it blows, it takes up the flowers - lavender, marigold, daffodil. A side of fresh brown bread filled with pistachios spread with a heap of..
Marmalade, orange spread, with plenty of butter in between. The sweet and nutty feel entirely covers the mouth reaching as far back as the throat, like a nutty bread with raisins.
For dessert, we have a peach strudel, as the sun sets, the wind calms, night breeze with subtle dampness of mist and night sky dampens. Sweet malty goodness, raw barley and bare soil mixes, ending with a brief vegetative note.
- SMWS notes:
Aromas stirred the soul with the warm caress of butter melting over hot cross buns. A considerable mountain of toffee popcorn towered over vanilla sponge cake and banoffee pie as gentle spice introduced crushed cinnamon stick on hot apple pie. Floral notes of lavender blended with cherry yoghurt whilst a maple and pecan Danish brought more sticky and sweet dimensions that settled on caramel, fudge and oodles of butterscotch. A delicious malty sweetness continued through to the palate where it was joined by ginger cake and nutmeg. Floral flavours echoed Turkish delight before we rounded up with a sumptuous finish of clean oak, soft toffee and creamy custard.