Togouchi Premium

戶河內
4901903064105
30 Dec 2018 4:43 pm by Jakin

Whisky Reviews for Togouchi Premium

5 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 77.77 points

1. Rody024 scored this whisky 75 points Expert Junior

Green apple, vanilla, toffee and custard.
    • Taste
      Quite rich with tones of stone fruits, custard and some black pepper.
      Wood and vanilla.

2. JeanBaptiste scored this whisky 70 points Member Junior

Not too bad but nothing special or extraordinary.
      Very light nose, a little vanilla
      Caramel, Coconut
      Short, slightly smoky and spicy.

3. peatbogger scored this whisky 65 points Specialist

This was a sample from karloff. Reading his review makes me all excited ;-)
    Canadian and Scotch? Brought together in a railway tunnel in Japan? Then brought to UK and further sent to Norway.
    It may be young, but it is definitely not a short traveled dram.
    And the judgement?
    In the whisky world of today there are many I don't understand, but this has to be the most utterly pointless whisky I have tried. The Egyptian Auld Stag may be even blander than this, but that is after all made in an islamic country where alcohol is officially banned. Coming from a whisky loving country of perfectionists the Tamagotchi, sorry, Togouchi have to be a joke they are playing on the rest of the world.
      I don't really get that much out of the nose.
      It's some artificial candy sweetness.
      Being kind it may be described as cereal graininess.
      But no, the more I nose it the more it reminds me of those hard fruit candy drops.
      And bland watered down Riesling.
      Not unpleasant, but it doesn't exactly build great expectations.
    • Taste
      After nosing my thought was "the only way is up".
      Apparently I was wrong.
      It has a soggy watery arrival and it never manages to drag it's feet up on "dry" land.
      It doesn't even try. Or it can't. It's like it's head first in the mud and all you get is an unrecognisable wiggle of the feet before it disappears.
      The little taste there is reminds me of a weak neutral spirit with a few drops of an unknown flavour additive.
      I think I've had vodka that was more complex than this.
      The finish is how I imagine it is to chew on a 3 hour old gum in Singapore. It's almost tasteless but still annoying because you can't just spit it out.

4. karloff scored this whisky 29 points Specialist

This was a present off my mate for looking after his dog. Apparently it was matured in a disused railway tunnel. It should have also been bricked up never to see the light of day. Best thing about it is the bottle.
      This is like sticking your nose into a bag of Dolly Mixture sweets, really bizarre.
      Banana cake, custard cream biscuit, a cheap white wine.
      My wife has this machine that tosses different scents into the air and some of them are overpowering and sweet, reminds me of that.
    • Taste
      This really doesn't taste like whisky at all. Apparently it is a mixture of Canadian grain and Scotch.?
      If I was drinking this in a dodgy country I would say it was fake, made in a back alley somewhere.
      It just tastes like it has flavour additives in it.
      The finish is short, so short I couldn't even see it.

5. Bam scored this whisky 70 points Expert Senior

The Nix has to do with pleasure.
      I actually have pickled anchovies in the nose, then noticeably alcohol. Wall paint. Vinegar. Finally something pleasant, perfume notes and rose water comes. Sweet vanilla.
    • Taste
      Easy onset, watery mouthfeel. Again, I have the perfume notes. Add some floral and some honey and vanilla. Metallic.
      Short, alcoholic, metallic, bitter.