- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Special Limited Edition
- Stated Age
- 06 years old
- Oloroso Sherry Butt
- Number of bottles
- 60.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- Kirsch Import
- Added on
- 30 Dec 2018 9:50 am by dumdi_san
13 × in wishlist
43 × member ratings
70 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Amrut 2011
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.73 points
- Quite tidy, but personally too herbaceous in taste.
- Reminds me of the Glen Garioch 15 Sherry. A great thing, is really fun on the nose as well as on the finish. The finish is particularly memorable. Have a good time with Amrut.
The full sherry load. Raisins, dates, nuts. A very "deep" smell that you can deal with for a while. The alcohol is great. Really intense and opens up after a few minutes, cinnamon is added.
Very aromatic, spicy and oily. Leather, nuts, coffee and raisins. Pure sherry. Even in the mouth, the 60% don't bother a bit.
Chocolate, nuts and coffee on the finish. Great long-lasting finish. Goes down really nice.
heavy sherry nose with aromas of sulphurised raisins and dried fruits such as dates and figs. Syrup-like sweetness. Looks slightly one-dimensional because it emphasizes sherry.
warming, slightly oily, sweetish with dried fruit and warm wood notes, slightly spicy, hint of barrel, hint of tart oak notes: When water is added, it becomes a bit sharper and slightly bitter.
with delicately tart oak notes, hint of sweet-tart. Very little of the aroma of dried fruit at first, but after a while the aromas reappear. The alcohol is very well integrated even if it appears slightly spicy when undiluted, at 60% it can be. The finish without water is much more intense with dried fruit, sweet and slightly malty, long fading away.
- Tasted on 03-06-2020 at Whisky n More.
- A stunning Single Malt from India. Intense, full bodied and fully packed with wonderful aromas!
See my full review at: