64.22/100
Single Grain
Toorank B.V. Distilleries (Trnk)
Original
Market
pl Poland
26 Dec 2018 9:54 am by whisky313

Whisky Reviews for Wild Fields 2014

5 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 64.22 points

1. peatbogger scored this whisky 39 points Specialist

This was a sample from karloff. I actually asked for it after his review... I'm a sucker for the odd ball punishment.
    No regrets, but giving it a score of 39 doesn't mean I found it that much better or acceptable than him. On my scale 16 points would mean I was writing this from an ICU bed.
      It's definitely not an inviting nose.
      Considering I'm going to drink this, I would say borderline offending.
      Chemical and plastic. Almost as if it have been stored in one of those blue 200 liter polyethylene barrels that previously have held brake fluid.
      Something gone wrong in the charring as well. Nothing left of the oak, just the foul smell of arson.
      €43,90 for a bottle? It smells €4,39.
      Quite oily mouth feel.
      Again chemical, industrial. Sweet unidentifiable queasy floral note.
      Rather worrying that it doesn't burn until it has settled in the stomach.
      Artificial floral sweetness battling with an unpleasant bitter dryness.
      Most men, and probably some bearded ladies have accidentally tasted after shave when splashing it on. This is it, the Old Spice of whiskies.

2. karloff scored this whisky 16 points Specialist

I know Poland is not known for its whisky and this was a bold choice to go down the grain road but they got this wrong, so wrong. I might give it to my Polish mate, he's too proud to say it's shite.
      There is something not right about the nose, it screams artificial and plastic, even a bit of sulphur. It says on the bottle non coloured, I find that very difficult to believe. Aged in first fill medium toasted oak barrels, what did they add, tar? Heavily napalm toasted I MIGHT believe it.
      Rubber tyres, some sort of electrical burnout. Didn't expect a great nose on a young grain but this is awful.
    • Taste
      Everything on the nose has just been transferred down to the taste. The last time I tasted something similar was at the dentist when they asked me would I like to rinse. I am trying my best to find some redeeming qualities but I can't. If this was a Dr Jekyll concoction, you would rarely see Mr Hyde.
      Praise the Lord the finish is short as it just leaves a horrible burning chemical compound.

3. tobiasz scored this whisky 64 points Expert Senior

Very poor barrel that influenced the base spirit in a very bad way: a lot of grain and old wood.

4. drinkingvlad scored this whisky 84 points Member Senior

This is a very unknown whisky, the first time I tasted it on a trip to Poland where I was offered it at a local whiskey bar. Wild Fields Original charmed me so much that I bought the whole bottle right away. It has a very unusual taste for which it may be due to rye. For me it's one of the most interesting whiskey I've ever drank.

5. WhiskyLovingPianist did not rate this whisky Connoisseur