- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Anniversary Edition
- Stated Age
- 18 years old
- Spanish and American Oak Casks
- Number of bottles
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- Celebrating 18 years service Bobby Anderson
- Added on
- 16 Dec 2018 2:18 pm by Conmai
14 × in wishlist
47 × member ratings
106 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Speyburn 18-year-old
15 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.29 points
- A decent whisky of good value.
Sherried but not overwhelming. Honey, fully ripen plum and apricots, peach kernel, caramel, milk chocolate, sour rasin, as well as the typical notes of oxidised sherry. Setting for a while allows the citrus and pear notes to appear. Wood scents in an emptied glass. Quite rich for its nosing.
Medium to full body, oily rich. Powerful alcohol not very well integrated.
Starts surprisingly with the sweet rasin and grapes bursting on palate. That is followed by lemony sourness. The bitterness from cocoa and tannic is rather evident and clearly presented.
Med to long. Drying. Honey, vanilla and oak bitterness
- Calm, you need to exert, hematogen, dry herbs and sweet spices. Sweet, very concentrated, sweet-salty, wow on the palate.
- it's really great and I like it
has a good PLV
A few drops of water are OK
Sherry, raisins, raspberry, black currant, light sulfur, light cola, flowery (flower meadow), light Kramell, sweet candies
with water: a little lemon, more raisins
soft and silky on the palate
old oak gets more, rosies get stronger, dark caramel, sherry, polish, lots of red berries, slightly sweet, slightly spicy increases, later slightly cardboard
with water: light pencil
Sherry, raisins, old wood, light polish
with water: bitter, nutty, leather, library
- dry taste, spicy, wood; certainly not attractive for everyone; corresponds to the spicy and dry profile of the SMWS.
The Speyburn 18 takes time to open.
- Tasted on 05-22-2020 at a blind tasting with Whisky Jason.
- Great for every moment