- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Single Cask Series
- Stated Age
- 11 years old
- 1st Fill American Sherry Oak Puncheon
- Number of bottles
- 67.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- The W Club Exclusive
- Added on
- 09 Dec 2018 2:29 pm by Hidden
2 × in wishlist
19 × member ratings
64 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Highland Park 2006
9 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 91.00 points
- This is certainly nice stuff , chewy on the palate and tasty with it with a nice spicy finish but £125 for an 11 year is a bit excessive in my view.
- In this video Phil, from the youtube channel Whisky Wednesday, talks about this whisky in depth. Starting with a glass straight out of the bottle, nosing and tasting it and then slowly adding a little bit more water and telling us viewers what that water is doing with the whisky.
Cherry, caramel, orange, apple, green banana and pecan.
Peppery. Cherry, caramel, pastry, tobacco and smoke. Water adds apple.
Caramel, cherry, pecan, smoke and baked banana.
- Just a bit too heavy on the sherry influence for my taste
- Excellent combination of heather, sweetness and smoke
- Nice single-cask expression from HP. Real "bodybiulder" due to high ABV but yet rather balanced and complex as for this age. Definitely requires dilution for getting into it.
Fresh, sweet, candied, acid drops, grapes, hint of smoke
Sweet, spicy, caramelly, berry marmalade, orange zest
Medium-long, sweet, oaky, slightly malty, berry jam