88.00/100
Blend
Hankey Bannister & Co. (HBC)
100% Scotch Whiskies
Strength
90 (proof)
Label
4/5 Quart
08 Dec 2018 2:54 pm by lincolnimp

1 member rating

Whisky Reviews for Hankey Bannister Scotch Whisky A Blend

2 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 88.00 points

1. lincolnimp scored this whisky 88 points Connoisseur

Old, old , old on the nose, great stuff.
    Dusty old books, old leather briefcase, polish, a load of menthol, medicinal notes.
    The old leather briefcase smell is like an old Doctors briefcase and then it hit me why, this whisky smells like the Doctors waiting room at the practice my family used when I was a little kid, I kid you not.
    I like the nose but with the amount of OBE on show I suspect the palate has lost a bit of power.
    After a few minutes in the glass wisps of cigar smoke which are a welcome addition.

Very creamy, really nice but yes the air has got to this a little you can tell by the colour of the liquid , it is hazy.

There is some nice fruit stewed to oblivion, gooseberry, peach juice, nectarine and I am getting some biscuit notes.
    This tastes like one particular oriental fruit that I have had but cannot remember what it is called but it is lovely and my fear the air may have damaged this a little are unfounded but this has lost power more like 35% than 45% so the finish is pretty short but still tasty.

Even for an old blend this is unusual taste wise but so good. This whisky was bottles roughly 70 years ago, this is why I like old blends, don`t ignore them malt mates.
    • Taste

2. lincolnimp scored this whisky 88 points Connoisseur

This is a 90° Proof / 4/5 Quart bottle so 45% abv and dates from the late 1940`s so I am told but certainly before the early 50`s.