- Single Malt
- Gordon & MacPhail (GM)
- Bottling serie
- Connoisseurs Choice
- Calculated age
- 40 years old
- 2nd Fill Remade Hogsheads
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- New Map Label
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 07 Dec 2009 4:10 pm
16 × in wishlist
34 × member ratings
40 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Caperdonich 1969 GM
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 91.66 points
- The aroma is thick, bright: green apples, apple jam, marmalade, wet dried fruits in abundance (raisins, dried apricots, prunes, pears and apples), spices (cinnamon, cloves, peppers, vanilla, nutmeg, anise notes), cream cake, oranges, lemon with zest, tea, lacquered wood. Top class! The taste is sweet, slightly spicy: tea, apple peel, pepper, cinnamon, chocolate, sherry, dried fruit, resinous tree, a hint of tobacco and skin. The aftertaste is quite long, slightly astringent: a bit of minerality, dried fruits, wood, the remains of cream cake, notes of chocolate and strong unsweetened tea, traces of tobacco and spices. Conclusion . Wonderful age whisky. The reflex barrel, it seems, gently and delicately processed this mole, not allowing it to turn into a monster. The aroma is simply divine, the standard. The taste loses a very small and aftertaste, unfortunately, a little does not make it to the masterpiece. I did not think that in the Connoisseurs Choice series there could be such delicious things. Rating: 94 (n25t24f22b23).
A very greedy sherry full of candies and candied fruits!
Intense on the acidulous red fruits (strawberry of the woods), spicy with a refreshing bitterness at the end of the mouth
Long and hot
des fruits exotiques confits, des épices, beaucoup de choses
puissante, grasse, riche
- Nose: Starts very fruity and delicious with cherries, Black fruit and a twist of exotic fruit . Very sweet and honeyed. Plums too, and some oak as one might expect from a 40 year old gentlemen.
Palate: Wood and sweet dried fruit. Sultana, dates,and a peppery edge too. Spicy wood. Kirsch.
Finish: Dried fruit with those black fruit. Honey and oak wood.
What a delightful dram this one is, and so elegant and enticing. I wanted to reach for another dram, but sadly only this wee sample. at 46% it’s really surprisingly rich and not lacking (I usually find myself longing for more oomph above the 50’s %)
- A fantastic nose, but it doesn't quite follow through for me.
An ancient nose with tropical fruits and a tiny hint of smoke.
Sweet barley sugars with lots of oak.
Spicy, maybe slightly bitter and a little sour.
- Leaves you wanting more. The best Caperdonich I have tasted. Highly recommended.
Rich, ripe fruit. Black currants. Sherry. Vanilla. Hints of old oak.
Mouth coating. Sweet and somewhat floral, or vegetal. The sherry returns with a storm. Ripe plums and some oak.
Medium long and sweet. Light perfume. Dry, but not too dry.