- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Cask Bottling
- Stated Age
- 26 years old
- Pedro Ximenez Sherry Puncheon
- Number of bottles
- 51.8 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- The Whisky Barrel Exclusive
- Added on
- 28 Nov 2018 4:44 pm by TheWhiskyDungeon
9 × in wishlist
11 × member ratings
24 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glendronach 1992
3 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 91.67 points
- Old sherry strength and intense woody!
- an attractive 26 years old!
nose on the fruit walls direct, wood as well present, wet, soaked, peppery spice, a little vanilla, a little cocoa, a little grassy too, the fruits take the place on a rather delicate sensation of cooked fruit ( orange, grape, tangerine).
the mouth is in continuity with scents good but not intense, a little milk chocolate reducing the hope of a sherry marked.
the wood remains very present however
final average, a little behind, in short a disappointment after the 19 years of 1992!
- Decent at best. The notes on the bottle tab are accurate, though when you have a couple of the other Glendronach casks that can stomp some power down, this one disappoints.
If my feelings change after some time open, I will come back. for now:
Nose: Muted.. Toffee, a dash of chocolate,
Mouth: A bit dull.. same as nose.
Finish: still muted.. grassy