91.94/100
The Whisky Cask Company (TWCC)
Celtic Trilogy
16.10.1991
26.03.2018
1st Fill Bourbon Barrel (Bushmills)
Strength
25 Nov 2018 4:43 pm by Tigo

Whisky Reviews for Single Malt Irish Whiskey 1991 - Capall TWCC

2 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 91.94 points

1. kanpai79 scored this whisky 95 points Specialist

Short and concise ... one of the best 2-3 old Irish guys around 1990 that I've ever had ... and I had a lot! Madness .... a lot of wet, a "Mittrinker" meant Gummibärchensüße ... okay, I did not know yet, but it hits the point. Great whisky from the island!

2. Mikee scored this whisky 91 points Expert Senior

Capall 26 yo 1991/2018 (50.5%, The Whisky Cask Company, first fill bourbon barrel, 175 bottles) Five stars
    Colour: pale gold. Nose: crikey, I may like this one just as much, and yet it is much more herbal and grassy, less emphatic, less of a fruit bomb. There’s a little more dough and porridge as well, more damp earth, more sunflower oil, more mint, more camphor, and less wham—bam mangos and tralala passion fruits. With water: indeed, more on peels and fresh herbs. Lovage, rhubarb, green melons… Mouth (neat): no wait, we’re on fruits again, it’s just that it feels much stronger and a tad rougher. How bizarre that’s only .9 more degrees! Or a psychological effect, perhaps, as there’s clearly a kind of border at 50% vol. With water: ah, fruits up, all neat and tidy, just like a pretty little chorus line. It’s extremely good whisky. Finish: long and extremely complex. I’m even finding a little salt mind you, green bananas, butternuts, plantains, wild cardoons (I think this is the first time I’m using that descriptor, may not use it again!) Comments: one day, we’ll all say ‘we were dumb not to snatch up all those old Bushmills while they were still easily available’. Anyway, different profiles, same extremely high levels. I really is baffling that I’ve never encountered this level in any official Bushmills. Unless I haven’t been paying attention, which is not impossible.
    SGP:651 - 92 points.