- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Signatory Vintage (SV)
- Stated Age
- 07 years old
- Bourbon Hogshead
- Number of bottles
- 60.8 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- Kirsch Import
- Added on
- 25 Nov 2018 4:30 pm by Astrid
13 × in wishlist
33 × member ratings
53 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Ben Nevis 2010 SV
11 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.80 points
- Surprisingly good for a Ben so young. In a nutshell. It needs water and then becomes the mandarine and pineapple bomb. I didn't even want to try this, because I always had really bad young nevis in bourbon before. This one, on the other hand, was great.
- Great value for the money, quite complex for it's young age, a dram that deserves attention
Very interesting nose. Complex for an 8 y old dram. Yellow plum, walnuts, pear, resin, herbs, nutmeg, ...There is so much to find. I prefer it neat.
Sweet and fruity, especially with a few drops of water, f.e. pine apple, tangerine. Good mouthfeel, the 60,8% abv are well integrated.
Brown sugar, barley, nutmeg, pepper, chili, quite long due to the high abv.
- Not bad for the young age.
The nose in particular knows how to please and is unexpectedly complex.
In the taste and in the finish you notice your young age.
Nice nose that blows towards you from afar.
Cereals, lemon, peanut, para and pecan.
Accompanied by a light honey sweetness.
Definitely like it and makes you want more.
The alcohol is also well integrated and there is no burning sensation.
Some vanilla, light fruits and some light wood with bitter almond.
Is the distillery character minimal? Yes, but in connection with roses.
Unfortunately, water is not particularly good for the nose. The flavors fade and the alcohol appears more, which is a shame.
Sweet, but now you also notice the 60%.
The honey remains, as do the light fruits and cereals.
The alcohol pushes quite nicely and tingles on the tongue.
Vanilla and cereals.
Unfortunately not as complex as in the nose, more alcohol instead.
Light chewing gum notes (HubbaBubba).
A little more pleasant with water.
Dry and short to medium long.
Grapes (sugar), vanilla and cereals.
The alcohol fades over time, which is good for you.
With water, the bright fruits and the chewing gum (HubbaBubba) are now more visible, especially pineapple.
- Sweet and nice
intense, plum, sweet
sweet, plum in dark chocolate, licorice
- Pite in the blind
# 3 - 60.8%
Vanilla-varnish, tannic chocolate, young but cool, lots of vanilla sweets with varnish, wax, lots of vanilla and chocolate of young intense butchery
Age - 8yo?
Cask - ff bourbon?
- Sparkling bright fruits (tangerine, orange) in chicken broth. For me slightly diluted to 51-52% best. The oiliness is getting stronger the further you dilute it. At 46% that's too much broth for me.
Peculiar interaction of hearty, sweet and fruity. But that's why it's very interesting!
- Malthead: 87 points
- Young, a bit sharp but not immature with some interesting dusty, nutty and praline notes and even hints of nectarines added to the bourbony spicy notes.. the mouthfeel is great for the age
- A beautiful young boy is Nevis. A bit too short and a little too young in the experience. But the potential is already there. This is a must have for lovers of the raw raw sip.