- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Anam na h-Alba (ANHA)
- Bottling serie
- The Soul of Scotland
- Calculated age
- 10 years old
- Bourbon Hogshead + Amarone Finish
- Number of bottles
- 58.3 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 22 Nov 2018 8:39 pm by jrose
18 × in wishlist
56 × member ratings
71 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Ledaig 2008 ANHA
8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 88.39 points
- What an interesting Ledaig this is! It’s quite complex is an absurd, but good way. The amarone cask delivered a whisky that is full of farmy and earthy peat, honey glazed meat and red berries notes. If wouldn’t be drinking a full bottle of this, but it’s interesting to sit down with and ‘play’ with for an hour or so.
- Totally cool. Syrup with bacon and rock salt. Extremely strong and really delicious!
Sweet greasy smoke, dried meat, leather, cowshed, red candied fruits, resin, pine needles, mineral notes;
Oily and soft, super fruity, candied red fruit, brown sugar, bacon, smoke, leather, salt, coast, farm, sweet and sweet, mineral, fish, more smoke!
Fruity, mineral and dry, oak, slightly bitter notes, strong sweet smoke!
- The alcohol is so well integrated that I thought it was a ~50 degrees before having another look to my sample to realize it's more than 58. Very tasty, more malt than the last Ledaigs I've tasted, salt, ashes and red fruits, so delicious salty fruits. On top of that, a surprising but very welcome acidity. It's my first Amarone finish so I can't compare with others but I might be a fan. Or maybe it's just this beautiful Ledaig.
- Good palatable malt. There is definitely potential to dilute, but you don't necessarily have to. Quite tasty.
sweetish, slightly greasy smoke, campfire, smells slightly dirty, slightly fruity, alcohol is well integrated, slightly salty and spicy. Herbs.
smoky fruity start, spicy, later a bit hot and peppery, becoming a bit salty and oily towards the end
fruity, smoky, a bit bitter and salty, medium length, becoming a bit leathery towards the end
- wild, dirty aromas, massively smoky and in addition sour red berries; but then tender and cuddly on the palate, I like it
intense and dirty, greasy smoke, old leather, sour red berries and motor oil
creamy and astringent, ash, raw beef, thujen hedge, heather, cranberries and salt
medium-length, red fruits and maritime notes remain
- Great whisky, very strong, but pleasantly sweet smoke. Not very complex but delicious.
Sweet camp fire smoke with a trace of chlorine. Wild strawberries, honey ham, fried bacon, slightly salty, a bit of heather in the background.
First, the wild strawberry, then the smoke comes along with the oak, dry mouth, the tongue slowly begins to tingle. Honey. A little vanilla.
Medium long, is getting drier, the strawberries are now dried. The tingling remains long. At the end slightly dark.
- Nice composition with an extremely exciting nose
Astonishingly diverse and exciting. Develops over peaty and smoky beginning over a maritime fruity and spicy fleshy towards a complex herbaceous and sweet-fruited experience.
The alcohol is well integrated, the texture pleasant, characterized by slightly smoky peaty herbs and red sweet fruits.
Medium long, pleasant mixture of smoke, oak bitterness and sweetness. Slightly malty and maritime salty.