Whiskybase uses tracking cookies in order to improve the website. Do you allow Whiskybase to place these cookies?

You can always change your decision under the privacy settings of your account.

Regardless of your choice Whiskybase places functional cookies to store settings and account information.

Kilkerran 08-year-old

18/444
20 Nov 2018 10:25 pm by Erik Elixer
UncoloredNon-chillfilteredCask Strength

Whisky Reviews for Kilkerran 08-year-old

3 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.12 points

1. Glenjasper scored this whisky 82 points Expert Senior

What can I say? I am not a friend of young whiskys, There are only a few that make my taste. The alcohol is usually too much and makes it difficult to enjoy.

This cask strength can not really be enjoyed without a few drops of water. Too agitated, too severe.

I do not think that I have found a new friend. But it could also have been up to me. I'll invest the € 50.00 somewhere else next time.

This whisky reminds me of a young Linkwood, who is also not one of my favorites.

But I love the big brother. Maybe I have to be patient and wait a few years.

I do not want to ban Glengyle after all.
      Vanilla, hay, peat, citrus scents, smoke, the alcohol makes more fragrance detection more difficult.
    • Taste
      Vanilla dominates, plus citrus fruits, but only if you add a few drops of water. Themselves to blame. I did not have to buy an 8-year-old.
      Means short. Maximum. Disappointing for the price. At least the vanilla prevails.

2. Bj0rnp1 scored this whisky 63 points Expert Senior

23-03-2018
      pepper, vanilla
      pepper, vanilla (peat?)
      pepper, vanilla, (smoke?)

3. Luigisim scored this whisky 88 points Expert Senior

Young and fresh. Vanilla together with gentle pest
      Strong and neat