- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- The Scotch Malt Whisky Society (SMWS)
- Bottling serie
- Nocturne du Elgin en B flat minor
- Stated Age
- 32 years old
- 1st Fill Ex-Oloroso Sherry Hogshead
- Number of bottles
- 45.8 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 16 Nov 2018 1:08 pm by Tauti
3 × in wishlist
26 × member ratings
25 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glen Moray 1986 SMWS 35.226
9 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 88.50 points
- amazing dram, but not 250€ nice.
Winegum, Sherry, Fruity. Yummy
Oaky, sherry, syrup
oak, spicy and sherried.
- When reading back my notes I couldn't believe I wrote that down for an ex Oloroso hogshead. Anyhow, it was good so just take my impressions with a grain of salt.
Peach and vanilla, quite a typical yet fruity thing
Going from soft to very spicy
- SMWS notes:
This begins with a beautifully delicate floral aspect. Notes of hawthorn, meadow flowers, pine resin, elderflower champagne, apple pie and earth all converge. Then it’s soot, green fruits, lemon balm, gooseberry compote, rancio and fresh brown bread. A total delight! With water there is a champagne like effervescence along with wax, furniture polish, aged pinot noir, herbal liqueurs, dried mango and an old ink pot. On the palate it opens with a saline oloroso note mingling with fruit scones, spun sugar, treacle sponge, salted peanuts, hazelnut spread, Dundee cake and lemon jelly. A little water evolves things towards orange bitters, molten toffee crisp, a meaty earthiness and finally notes of red fruit teas, orange marmalade, cola cubes and strawberry wine. Transferred at 30 years of age into a first fill oloroso hogshead.