- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Triple Cask
- Stated Age
- 16 years old
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- L34C 4223 2302
- Added on
- 05 Nov 2018 11:34 am by Bluesman
7 × in wishlist
33 × member ratings
105 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Balvenie 16-year-old
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.32 points
- A 16 year old Balvenie from Oloroso Sherry Butts, First Fill Bourbon Barrels and Refill Barrels. The key data gives hope for a nice whisky. The color is polished or browned.
The nose has vanilla and a pleasant honey sweetness. Malt and a light floral note are also true. Straw and jasmine are integrated with white currants. A light lemon note is also found.
Sweet, soft, oily with a nice hint of vanilla. The fruit notes are restrained, more yellow banana, ripe mirabelle. Some toffee and honey on the tongue.
A very balanced and soft whisky, which unfortunately lacks a bit of the variety of aromas.
Short to medium finish. It remains a light sweetness and a little mint on the palate. A light tingling gives the whisky a fresh touch.
- I would really have tasted this at cask strength.
Sweet, straw, vanilla and sucrose are in the first things showing up. Little citrus notes like rubbing over an lemon skin. Little herby.
Again sweet and a little sour. Classic Balvenie, but a little mild.
And there are some tangerine notes. In the end this is quite a standard Speyside botteling.
Short-Medium length. Herbal notes, a tad bitter and dusty. Again not really special, but rather drinkable.
- Delicious complex whisky. Lots of scents to be found in. Red dried fruits, vanilla. The 40% alcohol in this whisky is just right, it needs nothing more. Top
Vanilla. Red ripe fruit. Herbal tannins
Deliciously Sweet. A little spicy here and there. Ripe fruits. Vanilla.
Long. Lightly dry with a little bitterness.
- A standard Speyside single malt, nothing fancy but good to drink in all its simplicity. However, the price is too high for this whisky. There are nicer alternatives at a lower price