- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- The Whisky Exchange (TWEx)
- Bottling serie
- The Future of Whisky
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- Sherry Butt
- Number of bottles
- 58.4 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Bottled for
- Whisky Show 10th Anniversary
- Added on
- 01 Nov 2018 3:28 pm
31 × in wishlist
148 × member ratings
192 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Ledaig 12-year-old TWEx
29 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 89.01 points
- Bold and the beautiful. BOLD and the grilled meat for the people who like it.
- A traditionally beautiful Ledaig profile, unique. Industrial, urban whisky. There is thick, concentrated, brutal, intense pleasure. Bravo!
Raw earth, rubber, burning cotton wool, fuel oil, burnished plastic, oily, watercolor paints, pertussin, baked apple, ash, lemon, earthy peat, buckwheat honey, buckwheat porridge, iodine, algae, vanilla, sherry notes, toffee, toffee.
Smoke, ash, dried melon, peat, BBQ, citrus, knit.
Smoke, ash, dried melon, smoked peat, BBQ, rubber, warming, long lasting.
- 22-23-23-22, smoky-sweet) The nose is a bit ascetic, but refined, the taste immediately covers the receptors and the long aftertaste. Well I still have a whole bottle)
- This is perhaps the best Ledaig I've enjoyed in a long while. Everything is in harmony. It's up there in my top three favorite Ledaigs under 18 years old of all time.
- A respectable Ledaig with a good amount of sherry influence. Love the Ledaig's signature peat that blends really well with the sherry butt.
- I am very disappointed this isn’t really available anymore, though managed to get a bottle at auction. Holy smokes is this good. While having this I was thinking it’s what I wanted Bunnahabhain 12 to be, if it had the smoky element this does I’d have liked it a ton more. Can they make anything bad? I’ll keep buying until I find out, but I suspect I won’t ever find it.
Definite smoke and fruit, some funk.
Fruity malt, some smoke, big heat.
Smoke and funk jump out. The heat wobbles in intensity as it all fades over a long finish.
????: dark gold
????: strong, varnish sherry, earthy, sweet, spicy, moderately peaty - sherry probably covered most of it, coffee sweet, a very large atmosphere of oloroso, quite aggressive nose
????: there is peat in the foreground, but still sweet and sherry, clearly chocolatey, but also strong, slightly biting, peaty warmth, very cool! Very strong! Heats the pipe well;)
????: quite long, warming, sweet sherry
Typical intense oloroso sherra with moderately intense peat. Very nice for those who like sherry and peat. I ran out of a little complexity. It feels like 10-12yo whisky, not 15yo +. I would drink to Netflx;)