- Single Malt
- The Whisky Exchange (TWEx)
- Bottling serie
- The Future of Whisky
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- Sherry Butt
- Number of bottles
- 58.4 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Bottled for
- Whisky Show 10th Anniversary
- Added on
- 01 Nov 2018 3:28 pm
27 × in wishlist
143 × member ratings
186 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Ledaig 12-year-old TWEx
25 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 89.05 points
- Bold and the beautiful. BOLD and the grilled meat for the people who like it.
- A traditionally beautiful Ledaig profile, unique. Industrial, urban whisky. There is thick, concentrated, brutal, intense pleasure. Bravo!
Raw earth, rubber, burning cotton wool, fuel oil, burnished plastic, oily, watercolor paints, pertussin, baked apple, ash, lemon, earthy peat, buckwheat honey, buckwheat porridge, iodine, algae, vanilla, sherry notes, toffee, toffee.
Smoke, ash, dried melon, peat, BBQ, citrus, knit.
Smoke, ash, dried melon, smoked peat, BBQ, rubber, warming, long lasting.
- 22-23-23-22, smoky-sweet) The nose is a bit ascetic, but refined, the taste immediately covers the receptors and the long aftertaste. Well I still have a whole bottle)
- This is perhaps the best Ledaig I've enjoyed in a long while. Everything is in harmony. It's up there in my top three favorite Ledaigs under 18 years old of all time.
????: dark gold
????: strong, varnish sherry, earthy, sweet, spicy, moderately peaty - sherry probably covered most of it, coffee sweet, a very large atmosphere of oloroso, quite aggressive nose
????: there is peat in the foreground, but still sweet and sherry, clearly chocolatey, but also strong, slightly biting, peaty warmth, very cool! Very strong! Heats the pipe well;)
????: quite long, warming, sweet sherry
Typical intense oloroso sherra with moderately intense peat. Very nice for those who like sherry and peat. I ran out of a little complexity. It feels like 10-12yo whisky, not 15yo +. I would drink to Netflx;)
- Nose: A lot of sweet notes, some smoke. Nice in smell
Taste: Rich in taste. From the first sip you can feel the sea elements with the addition of light smoke. Everything is very pleasantly folded. Fairly strong aroma.
Rating: 88 100 Finish quite long with a peat aroma and a bit of sweetness. Very pleasant whisky.
- Clever use of a logo that's commonly found in children's story books. Walk around the bottle and you'll find a shifted image.
Next year (2019) logos are lighten up by UV light.
I'd like to see a photoluminescence logo the year after. Probably a holographic after that.
About the whisky, a sweet and spicy profile that's not easy. Requires a good amount of time to open up. Harsh, herbal and filthy on the start. Time will add to it's blooming process.
Medium balanced profile, heavy at the start and gradually lighten but still long towards finishing but doesn't dissipate.
- The nose is subtle, we discern nuts, nuts, a fine smoky peat, humus, a hint of prune, it is revealed slowly and nuances. With time and water appears blood orange.
The palate is intense, dominated by peat and a powerful marine side, seaweed, iodine. There is also something fresh in the middle of the mouth, like a touch of eucalyptus ... Beautiful texture.
Very long finish that balances the dram with a return to a greener and more fruity peat.
Fine and complex whisky with a superb integration.