- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Cask Strength
- Finished in Deep Charred Oak Casks
- Batch 001
- 54.8 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- L4 198 18
- Added on
- 31 Oct 2018 5:22 pm by Astrid
8 × in wishlist
49 × member ratings
133 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glen Scotia Victoriana
8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.37 points
- Typical bourbon whisky.
Water is great for helping this whisky open up.
N: 19 T: 22 F: 22 B: 22
Barley porridge, halva, sunflower oil
Warm, sweet, bitter, honey and candy, a flower meadow, a little cream, rancio and sunflower seeds.
Marmalade and yellow wild berries are revealed with water.
- A whisky that starts fresh, becomes more intense and ends slightly smoky, I would say complex.
Fresh and fruity, pear, chocolate pudding
Intense on the palate, still sweet and fruity, the pear has disappeared, the chocolate pudding is still slightly present.
A long finish, it starts out fruity, it is sweet, then becomes slightly dry and so the whisky stays in the mouth for a long time, even the chocolate pudding still appears, there is also very light campfire smoke.
- In the bottle it is slightly cloudy with small particles .. pretty unfiltered, which I like very much! Very sweet nose, alcohol is very well integrated, I perceive sweet bourbon barrel - very dominant. A malty start with some acidity, again this sweetness and nice fruity notes. The finish is long and complex. Very interesting malt.
- Here is a very fine drop from Campbeltown that really surprised me, beautifully balanced and pleasantly fruity.
Color: dark amber
Vistula, hazelnut, leather, raisins, plum
Powidl, hazelnut, velvety, vanilla, caramel, Haribo cherries
medium length, hay, plum, very light smoke, vanilla
- Oily, waxy, zesty citrics, blueberry, cranberry. Light: salty, fresh fruits. Slightly peaty taste and finish with peppery cut notes.