- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Cask Strength
- Stated Age
- 07 years old
- Bourbon Cask + Het Anker Cask Finish
- Number of bottles
- 65.0 % Vol.
- 500 ml
- Bottled for
- Brouwerij Het Anker
- Added on
- 24 Oct 2018 9:40 am
36 × in wishlist
46 × member ratings
117 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Gouden Carolus 2011 Single Anker Cask Finish
7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.95 points
- I see here absurd ratings for this whisky 98/100 really? This is not bad but 70 euro for 50cl is just overpriced. Finish is short and afterwards you only taste alcohol. Tried a lot of gouden carolus and quality is overall mediocre same with this again.
- Christmas Dram
In Blaasveld (Belgium) the brewery Het Anker continues to distill their prize-winning Gouden Carolus whisky. They just released their 5th anniversary edition ‘Victor’. But for the 25th anniversary of Bresser & Timmer – famous importer in Holland – they bottled a single cask from 2011. 350 bottles at 65.0% went up north. The whisky first matured for 32 months on a former first fill bourbon cask and then was finished (or is that a second maturation?) of 53 months on a so-called Het Anker cask.
Dark, sweet and succulent nose on baked apples, tarte-tatin, old port and cinnamon. I hear Christmas bells in the back of my mind.
Nicely oily and round. Very sweet on apricots, baked apples, nectarine and a truckload of honey. Piquant on nutmeg and black pepper. A nice bitter touch of oak. Does not need water, which I like. The second sip offers some eucalyptus, molded wood and cuberdons.
The finish is very long, dark and sweet and spicy.
I think I have just tasted the best Gouden Carolus single malt to date. But 65 EUR for half a liter is quite expensive.
- Nose powerful and flowery, The apple ..., on the palate good length it has a good palette of aromas The apple ... Vanilla, apricot, a little wood ....., ending on a wood and caramel
Green apple, lemon, caramel
fruit type citrus, apple, apricot, nectarine pepper, honey, nutmeg, wood
Vanilla, Caffé, Honey, Flower
- A fruit explosion with a Finnish that is particularly long. Delicious with a little water
- This is one strange whisky... very bourbon nose (like Jim Beam 12), finish and taste not very flabbergasting