34 × in wishlist
50 × member ratings
300 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Midleton Very Rare
10 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.25 points
- The 40% will remain an eternal mystery to me here. Every percent less water would certainly have earned one point more in the rating.
- Vanilla, caramel, fruity and sweet in taste
Medium-long, slightly drier finish
A great whiskey
- Extremely light whiskey, unfortunately a little watery. Nose and palate are nice, with associations of shortbread, vanilla and light fruits. The finish is the least convincing, the malt disappears after a short time, as if it had fallen off a cliff. A slightly buttery finish remains.
Tasted by sample.
- Apple pie, peach, brown sugar, grapes, ginger, lemon, pear and pineapple
- Light, tasty whiskey. Not very complex and unfortunately a bit too monotonous for me.
Too bad, certainly not an option at the price.
Starts with a lot of citrus, sour fruits and grass / hay. Appears slightly fresh, although a little musty. In addition honey-sweet and a little oak.
With a little time it goes more towards sourdough with fruit notes of pears, green apples. With vanilla, caramel and a few baking flavors.
Great aromas are formed, nevertheless appear somewhat flat and lack the kick.
Soft, creamy but also slightly watered down. Fruit and vanilla are in the foreground. Light seasoning that could have been a little more.
Unfortunately, there is also a lack of kick and variety here.
Medium-long finish, some milk chocolate, coffee,