80.67/100
Strength
19 Oct 2018 2:29 pm by Tauti
UncoloredNon-chillfilteredCask Strength

Whisky Reviews for Deanston 2008 CA

3 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 80.67 points

[December, 2018] This is another dram out of this year's advent calendar from Cadenhead - which is a good overview of their 2018 releases and I always appreciate the opportunity to do such a samples tasting around christmas time.

I do not have any expectations on Deanston drams because I never had any that I remembered for longer than some hours and I doubt this one will change that legacy. Indeed, it did not! What else to say...
      The colour is white wine and the nose is young and immature on mainly mashy aromas. Simply, unimpressive and not to my liking - how should I remember such a dram?
    • Taste
      The taste is sweet on barley sugars, barley sugars and barley sugars... As I stated with the nose already: simple, unimpressive and not to my liking - how should I remember such a dram?
      The initial mouthfeel is warming and a little hot. The finish is of medium length and adds some spices and a minor bitter note from the woods - at least some more impressions... but nevertheless, it stays not remarkable at all. Water turns the dram (even) more immature mashy and bitter - so forget about adding water...

2. LukasJakubDrabek scored this whisky 85 points Expert Senior

Unlike the other reviewers, I enjoyed this whisky. It can withstand a lot of water. (Based on sample - Jindřišská věž, Prague 1)
      Roasted corn, sage, vanilla.
    • Taste
      A lot of sweet, cumin, fennel, honey, egg yolks with icing sugar, vanilla.
      Citrus peel, lemon grass, grapefruit juice.

3. Jackson05 scored this whisky 75 points Expert Senior

Deanston 10 year 56.2%

N: Sauvignon blanc, acetone, tart grapes, celery? It’s very thin and memorable in the sense that I do not like it.

P: Astringent, hot, Apple cider vinegar. Aspartame and grape skin

F: Hot, dry, oak spice, alcohol spice, tannic, cottonmouth.

Thoughts: My mom used to say if you do not have anything nice to say, do not say anything at all...