- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Vintage Bottling
- Stated Age
- 11 years old
- Pedro Ximenez Casks
- Number of bottles
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Bottled for
- Professional Danish Retailers
- Added on
- 19 Oct 2018 12:55 pm by Amsterdam
23 × in wishlist
70 × member ratings
440 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glendronach 2007
11 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.31 points
- interesting other nose related to the Dronach profile, on the palate I notice the youth more clearly than in the nose - is nice, but more than a Dram I do not necessarily need, that's not what Dronach makes up for me.
- An absolutely drinkable drop, which rewards the patient connoisseur in particular with his successful odor profile. But I would recommend a sample to friends of former sherry bombs.
The odor and taste profile of this bottling differs significantly from the sherry-heavy standards like GlenDronach Allardice and Parliament. Most of all I feel reminded of the new revival (2018), but unfortunately I find this bottling somewhat weaker in all respects.
At first very restrained in the glass. This whisky needs time and maybe even a drop of water to open.
After some time I glass I first smell caramel and vanilla. Behind them are sweet, ripe apricots and apricots, which sometimes seem a bit perfumed. With some time, you can still discover some biscuits and spicy notes of wood.
At first behave, almost watery in the mouth then comes a strong start with significant volume and slight tingling - first I have the feeling that he has just 40% alcohol content, then it builds up tingling and voluminous in the mouth, so it even more than the 46% actually available. I taste sweet fruit, again caramel and vanilla, oak spice, chocolate and cappuccino.
Very pleasant to drink but not the usual sherry profile, that one was used to from GlenDrochach in the last years.
Medium and warm. Characterized by coffee aromas, spicy - almost herbaceous - notes and a little walnut, occasionally come through again the yellow fruit.
- Young starter
Typical Glendronach. Strong PX grade. Something bitter. Date. Cigar. Kaffeprütt
Very dry. A bit spicy despite a subtle 46%. cigar
Unusually long for 11 years. Furry tongue but not uncomfortable
- Unlike what you are used to from Glendronach. Sherry is only noticeable in the background. Overall, very balanced. No bitterness or miss notes.
First mainly vanilla and caramel flavors. Beautiful oak and citrus notes.
After some contact with the air also some exotic fruits like mango and herbs like sage.
First herbal notes, then apricots and oranges. Nice balance of sweet and sour notes.
Short to medium.
Orange peel, vanilla and again auricose. Goes out with roasted malt
sherry, raisins, perfume, dates, fruit, floral, glue, vanilla, honey, caramel, pear, nuts, berries, gum
sherry, sweet, honey, raisins, berries, fruit, apple, spice, cinnamon, vanilla, cream, gooseberries,
sherry, raisins, cherries, fruit, sour, oak, cinnamon,
- Malthead: 86 points