40 × in wishlist
104 × member ratings
187 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Bunnahabhain 1997
18 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 90.17 points
- Many months later with a 3/4 full bottle, it has turned sour. Unsure if its enjoyable nor drinkable but one thing for sure, I ain't drinking anymore of it.
- I often call my cups of lapsang souchong tea 'my whisky tea' as a joke, although its smokiness was kind of different from smoky whiskies I'd tasted. Until now!
Really, this IS whisky tea, as in: This is the whisky very very close to lapsang souchong tea. Especially in the nose.
Nice bonfire smoke, roasted meat, salty, bacon. And then foremost really this lapsang souchong tea, wood, some notes of orange far behind. But yeah, this lapsang souchong tea it is, accompanied by some alcohol.
Nice and tingling, licorice, orange, salty. Some roasted meat again, and still some hints of lapsang souchong.
Still some pepper, bonfire smoke, middle long. Some sweetness now, honey.
- Another very overpriced Bunna. Not bad at all but just not worth the money. I liked the Bunna 2003 PX as much as this one and that one was much cheaper upon release.
- Upon further investigation, this is only 87. From a high 92, to 89 and now 87. The tastes have gone flat and remains constant.
- Initially 92 when tasted a fresh brand new bottle. Some elements on the palate have gone dull and something grown anew.
Now down to 89. Still a very good bunnahabhain.