- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- The Peated Arran Malt
- 56.2 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- L 15 08 18
- Added on
- 17 Oct 2018 8:41 am by Dirk
10 × in wishlist
26 × member ratings
88 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Machrie Moor Cask Strength
5 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.29 points
- Im not sure Arrans delicate floral whisky would stand up to peat and if this is any indication, then I’m right. Obviously very young. Grainy alcohol, vegetal Peat, cheap citrus and a little floral. Not my thing at all. A release like this is just not what whisky should be about.
- All peat and strong alcohol feels. No body, no finishing.
- Granular peat, a little sticky, vegetal. Swamps. Humus. Nice mouth, but average finish.
- The sixth batch of Arran's peated single malt, with a redesigned paper label. Peated to a level of 20PPM, Machrie Moor is named after the peat bog on the western part of the Isle of Arran.
Classic tropical sand dune notes alongside some alluring peat smoke.
Golden biscuity barley, pineapple, vanilla, lemon and lime peels, it's what we expect now, and it is good.
Long and fruity with lingering peat smoke.