- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- The Distillers Edition
- Calculated age
- 10 years old
- Amoroso Sherry Cask Finish
- 45.8 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- 5UG / L8241CM010
- Added on
- 11 Oct 2018 3:37 pm by Bachess
19 × in wishlist
46 × member ratings
256 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Talisker 2008
8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.30 points
- Probably one of the best value opportunities to get the taste a one of the Whisky Greats. Medium peat is what I prefer vs some of the renowned smoke fluids. Excellent dram!
Smoke; maritime; Sherry or red fruit (like red wine); Iodine is there too; slightly wine-sourish; in the background a light citrus note
Smoke; maritime salty; then comes a nice fruitiness together with a nice sweetness; slightly salty; Iodine present again; also a nice barrel, with some oak; the smoke becomes drier; The peppery spiciness is well integrated
Wine / sherry; first sweet, then smoke, then slightly drier, again slightly salty; Spicy and smoke stay behind
- Tasted head to head with the Caol Ila DE 2018 and this is the best of the 2.
The sherry influence is there, but not too much.
Seaweed and forest floor.
Very flavorful for a whisky in this price range. Crema Mandorla, salted liquorice and peat fire.
Medium to long. Salted oasted nuts and cacao and slightly sweet.
fresh fish, salt, seawater
he needs something until he unfolds his aroma; first modish, then comes through the fruity Amarolo barrel
- Wonderful multi-layered and balanced single malt. Great value for money, a favorite as a standard in the home bar.
pleasant smoke; peppery spicy; maritime notes; less and less smoke and sweetness comes out; raisins
smoky, spicy; slightly peppery; to a harmonious sweetness, light oak flavors, beautifully balanced
smoky; herb-peppery; Dark chocolate; salty; slight subtle sweetness; very interesting
Peat, sweet, red fruit (after ripening on sherry)
Sweet, tasty, neutral and in balance. Banana and peat.
Pleasant and long