- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- van Wees (vW)
- Bottling serie
- The Ultimate - Cask Strength
- Stated Age
- 10 years old
- 1st Fill Sherry Hogshead
- Number of bottles
- 66.4 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 11 Oct 2018 3:00 pm by Bachess
23 × in wishlist
76 × member ratings
125 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenlivet 2007 vW
18 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 88.46 points
- Another ‘Glenlivet’. The alcohol is quite stinging and dominant but flavor wise it’s al about cherries, chocolates, raisins, leather, hazelnut paste etc. These types of whisky don’t really inspire me anymore and are to be categorized in the A’bunadh corner. Loads of sherry, loads of alcohol, no distillery character but a tasty whisky nevertheless. For those who love the genre. Hate it or love it.
Umami galore. Red licorice, dark savory sauces, Mexican mole, tomato-based BBQ marinade, herbal cough drops, hickory smoke.
A true killer, if you're in the market for a straight-up sherry bomb.
Fruity, sweet, juicy, jammy. Needs water and is constitutionally unable to keep up with the nose, for obvious reasons (age).
The sherry takes over completely.
Sweet cherries, coca cola, cassis, chocolate, lemon, walnuts, almonds, hazelnut, chocolate bonbons with cherry filling, old leather wallet, choco-coffee beans, marshmallows.
Red fruit, plums, chocolate, little bit of toffee, wood and cappuccino.
Long finish. Bitter dark chocolate, cherries, red pepper and oak wood.
- Mon Chérie
I have only just tried cask #900136 from the same bottler and look here: two more bottles arrived on my desk: sister casks #900148 and #900149. These are at cask strength, though. Let’s put them head-to-head, starting with #900148, with the slightly lower ABV.
Oh, yes, that nose… Call it That Nose! Candied sugar, cola, plums, After Eight, dark chocolate and more. Some citrus fruit, but less outspoken. Leather. Hazelnuts. You can easily sniff this for fifteen minutes! Soft on the spices. Surprisingly subtle despite the high ABV. This might come and bit me in the backside when I sip it…
Boom! As expected. An absolute sherry monster with balls. Cola on steroids, cherry liqueur, plums, raisins, black grapes and blood oranges. Nicely wrapped in nutmeg, chili peppers and tannins. Very tasty and round. But it does not burn! Very, very nice.
The finish lasts an eternity, becomes somewhat dry but remains bittersweet with some Mon Chérie bonbons at the death. And yes, now it does burn just a tad… I can feel my esophagus.
Delicious! This one comes very close to the brilliant Glenlivet 2007 that was bottled in Jan Vissers’ Italian Car Series.
- This one really needs some time to open up, especially in the nose the sherry influence stay behind a little. In body you get the full experience though, it gets in like a hammer. Very intense and very prominent alcohol.
Immediately lot's of chocolate, coffee, chocolate muffins. Some earthy notes. It also feels like some other aroma's stay hidden...
Intense, pickering, red fruits now, prunes, coffee, chocolate. Very warming.
Still a lot of pepper, intense, warming. Red fruits, berries. Coffee, chocolate, long finish.
- This is a dram to enjoy for a longer period. The finish is very long. Leave in the glass for some time and it really stands out.
- Take a few minutes to open the whisky. Great whisky with a perfect taste and finish! Well done!