- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Sherry Wood
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- Sherry Wood finished in PX and Oloroso cask
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 08 Oct 2018 6:01 pm by maltaholic
12 × in wishlist
141 × member ratings
373 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for BenRiach 12-year-old
16 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.49 points
- Good sherried nose, balanced, but a bit too peppery for my liking for a sherry finish.
Red sherried fruits and spice, cream, leather
Balanced, spicy and sweet. Rich mouthfeel, red licorice, pepper, strawberry.
Pepper lingers, drying and medium in length.
etwas Erde, Gräser, rote Äpfel, Honig, Melone, Erdbeeren, Brombeeren, etwas Zimt, nach etwas Zeit sogar ein bisschen Holz
Apfel, Erdbeeren, rote Johannisbeeren, Zitrone, Kaffee, Holz, etwas Pfeffer
- Ralfy review 773: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_2-EBIc69U (85/100).
"Here's what you need to do. Simple solution, at least a teaspoon full of water. ... There's no point of struggling on with neat whisky when it's little bit hot and a little bit fierce."
- One to my taste. It's a lot different than the Sherry Wood 2015, but I think it's the same level.
A delicious, good Sherry Cask Malt!
[Color] bright gold;
dark fruits (blackberries, grapes), honey, little oak;
full-bodied, fruity onset, lots of sherry, blackberries, juicy grapes, acid notes, spices, vanilla, little oak;
a long, juicy, fruity finish, lots of sherry; slightly dry off!
- Guess what? It's very sherry. Red fruits but also citrus, wood, leather and rubber. Final correct although a little short.