85.00/100
Label
Lightly Peated
04 Oct 2018 5:34 pm by whisky313

Whisky Reviews for Raasay While We Wait

1 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.00 points

1. mothers_finest scored this whisky 85 points Expert Senior

A successful vatting of an unknown Scotch whisky. The tasting made you want more. I'm looking forward to the first Raasay single malt.
      Very subtle, reminds me a little of a grappa, pineapple, very malty, some citrus, or orange, but not overripe, but rather young. Otherwise fresh and floral.
    • Taste
      Oh, more delicious than expected. A lot of caramel, cereal porridge, again very malty, tropical light fruits with granulated sugar, subtle smoke with a hint of barbecue. I would not have expected for this presumably young age. I kind of like it.
      The malt is light, floral, sweet - but it is not particularly complex either. Nevertheless, I like the trend that the makers of Raasay are trying to strive for.
      The finish is rather short, up to the maximum
      medium. There are no major changes on the palate. The caramel note is always present. The whisky was finished in great Tuscan wine barrels. I don't know if I would have guessed blindly. It is also difficult in the end if you do not know the basic character of the whisky or white dog. However, I like the type of smoke that Spirit brings. This is very subtle; I would hardly speak of smoke, but rather of lightly burnt, caramelized meat.