9 × in wishlist
89 × member ratings
270 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Aerstone 10-year-old WG&S
19 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 75.46 points
- Primitive whisky, with an obsessive malt component. In theory, this sample should be light and “drinkable”, but it turned out differently.
- Bitter sour woody emptiness with yellow apple and vanilla.
RATING: 77pts - [n19,t20,19,b19] → |75-77: Drinkable|
- The whisky is like it said on the label "accessible". It smells and tastes alright, there is not much going on.
- Inoffensive, unexciting - the sea has robbed most of the flavour and left nowt in return.
Nothing really comes through on the nose - the alcohol seems quite lazy.
Can inoffensive be used to describe a taste - digestive biscuit dunked in tepid tea.
A slight tang of regret - this could have been half decent.
- Didn't expect anything but turned out to be quite decent
- In prize category,.. It's good choice, but you have to count, that's very very basic whisky.
But, I like the "sea taste", hint of vanilla and little bit of apple. Finish is quick, and not quite well.
If you wanna start with whisky, this can be it.
- Since the Aerstone land cask was reasonable for it's price I also bought the sea cask. Unfortunately I regret doing so
Apple and some honey
Salty and sour with some apple
- Nose 20, taste 20, finish 19, balance 19