Rye
That Boutique-y Whisky Company (TBWC)
Oloroso cask finish
Strength
02 Oct 2018 5:24 pm by Bachess

Whisky Reviews for James E. Pepper Batch 1 TBWC

3 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.75 points

1. Whiskywobbler scored this whisky 83 points Expert Senior

You might have guessed, but it is a lot of sherry for a sherry. I am not sure if sherry and rye are a good combination. Something about too many spices perhaps. I don’t know, maybe somebody succeeds in finding a proper balance.
      We could have expected it, but we have here sherry. Then lots more of this brown liquid. We are still searching for any rye, but if i search really hard, maybe I can find a few spices. I would say red peppers. It is a good sherry cask, with lots of raisins, dried figs and honey, but I really a good rye nose…
    • Taste
      Sherry forward, again, but I also find some dark ale, pepper, clove, and roasted cereals. The palate is more to my liking compared to the nose, but still too much sherry.
      Cinnamon cake, honey, and burned caramel in the finish.

2. MaltyMillionaire scored this whisky 73 points Expert Senior

Dusty rye, clove, oak, sweet sherry undertone with red fruit and dark honey.
    • Taste
      Dry spice arrival. Spicy, rye bread, faint red fruit and dark honey, citrus
      Long, dry, spicy with very mild fruit

3. MaltyMillionaire scored this whisky 73 points Expert Senior

Dusty rye, clove, oak, sweet sherry undertone with red fruit and dark honey.
    • Taste
      Dry spice arrival. Spicy, rye bread, faint red fruit and dark honey, citrus
      Long, dry, spicy with very mild fruit