- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Game of Thrones
- Stated Age
- 09 years old
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 750 ml
- Added on
- 02 Oct 2018 9:11 am by Dirk
33 × in wishlist
81 × member ratings
520 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Lagavulin 09-year-old - House Lannister
11 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.28 points
- A share of sherry casks married with a higher proportion of bourbons casks would be my guess based on my tasting. Very good whisky, as was to be expected of Lagavulin, and a very nice packaging. However, this does not come close to the brilliant 16yo.
Herbal peat and decaying veggies, with a touch of wood smoke, rubber and plastic. There's a hint of peach and nectarine, as well as underripe banana. Good balance.
Geez, this is oily! A hit of rubber, smoked meat and peat, along with a pronounced sweetness. Marshmallows and sweet berries. Also a spicy touch. Nutmeg, cloves.
Lingering peat smoke and char. Long.
- Sold for, 360£ (+10%+shipping costs) on Scotchwhiskyauctions.com the 3rd of february 2019 (and the whole collection for 1.400£ +10%+shipping costs) o_O
- Clearly the best of the Game of Thrones releases.
8 // 7
8.5 // 8
9 // 7
- This would make a fine regular expression at a price point in line with its age/ABV. I’m glad they had the Game of Thrones line to give them a reason to release this. Not sure why they mixed this up with the dragon/Cardhu when this is smoky and that one was uninspiring, and also had gold in the name.
Earthy, woody, spicy smoke. Either smoke with those three qualities or maybe it’s just the first three with a bit of smoke, too. Musty banana bread, more like a cabinet where banana bread was rather than as full as smelling the actual loaf. Low potency dark fired Kentucky.
Woody earth with salt. Smoke in the back and comes up. Less smoke itself, makes itself known with the spiciness, like a smoked cinnamon.
Classic Lagavulin peat comes in big. Salty. Long.
Asbestos, ink, smoke, campfire, slightly sweet and fruity, trace of maritime ...
After the smoke has subsided: fruity, sweet, hint of citrus fruits, light fruit candy aroma, hint of vanilla. Pleasant, I like it a lot.
spicy, smoky, slightly sweet, tar, smoke but also fruit and a hint of coffee.
A few drops of water do not harm it, it appears more open, softer and fruity, the candy notes intensify a little, then comes light spice and coffee.
tart-sweetish, spicy with oak and smoke, a hint of ash.
Soft, sweetish with a bit of ash ending, becoming a bit dry at the end ...
- Nose: sweet, ripe banana, some glue, subtle smoke, maritime, metallic
Flavor: malty sweet, caramel, berries, cold smoke, slightly grassy in the background, clear salt note, after the second sip chocolate is added
Finish: medium length, slightly salty and sweet at the same time
- N: Pretty basic - Smoked Peat. There is some lemons underneath
P: Charred peat. This is almost acidic tonight.
F: Long continuation of the palate but it is warming.
This is decent but for near the same price I think the Laga 8 is better.