4 × in wishlist
35 × member ratings
37 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Scotch Universe Lynx I - 114° U.2.1' 1871.2"
5 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.33 points
- This is from Inchgower distillery.
- Walnuts, raisins and dates immediately jump out of the glass towards me. Behind it brown sugar / caramel. After a while also marzipan. You can tell that it has an increased alcohol content, but it is well integrated and does not bother you.
In the mouth it is very hot from the alcohol, also spicy and fruity with a slightly sour note. Every now and then the walnuts flash again. Unfortunately otherwise not very full and oily.
The finish is driven by wood and chocolate, with minimal fruity.
Overall great Oloroso malt with a fantastic, intense walnut nose that unfortunately degrades slightly afterwards. For the price called, however, it is quite good.
- Very nice dram and I received a 6cl sample from a friend but for the price of 65 euro I would buy myself a bottle when available.
Lot's to discover in the nose, sweet, chocolat.
Nice long finish with about the same flavours the nose promised. I like this dram.
- I got a 5cl sample, I am tempted to say it is a spoiled sample
The problem with this is the sulphur and it is a sweet sickly sulphur so not for me.
The nose is not too bad and as you go on the palate actually improves but it is just not good enough & I am a big Inchgower fan.
- Delicious chocolate oloroso sherry whisky
Chocolate sweetness, raisins, alcoholic heat, a little vanilla, later the chocolate becomes more intense
Sweetness, chocolate, a little raisin, alcohol well integrated.
The sweetness remains, chocolatey, oak, a little raisin, quite long.