- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- The Ardbeg Committee
- Ex-Bourbon Cask / Ex-Rum Cask Finish
- 52.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- Members of the Ardbeg Committee
- Added on
- 30 Aug 2018 10:58 am by thebase
57 × in wishlist
72 × member ratings
917 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Ardbeg Drum - Committee Release
8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.96 points
- Look at all the high ratings from the flippers. Blacklisted..
- Those who can’t feel the rum and don’t like it probably have some problems of nose or palate.
- 510 bottles in the collection, who is going to open the first bottle ;-)
- Definitely an Ardbeg!
smoke, BBQ sauce, roasted pineapple a coconut flakes, ash, ham, wood, spices, cocoa, underlying fruitiness
sweet, honey, vanilla, smoke, grapes, berries, spice, pepper, ash, citrus, salt, coconut, grilled pineapple
smoke, sweet, vanilla, chocolate, berries, oak, cinnamon, maritime
- He really is not my case. What kind of rum would that have been? Definitely a "dirtier" and spicier I would guess.
Ashy smoke, slightly greasy touch, youthful touch, then acidity, sour cucumbers, freshly cut grass, phenolic, in the second nose I get a mixture of tar and black bread - quite strange
Very sweet smoke, quite creamy, here are also fruity notes of peach and grapes, ashen, also a hint of sour cucumbers although a weaker than in the nose, the second sip is almost watery even though more pressure comes from the smoke
Oak spice, some bitter and metallic smoke, very idiosyncratic notes at the end, that goes in the direction of musty and wet Warehouseboden
- Today freshly uncorked.
And I am disappointed ....
Yes, it is unmistakably an Ardbeg. Yes, he tastes good.
But nothing to feel of rum. Hardly any sweetness, hardly any exotic fruits, hardly any spices.
A smoker from a weak ex-bourbon barrel.
Young, metallic, out of round.
A very strange bitterness in the finish. Not woody, no tannins.
Rather quinine, Campari-bitter.
I like him because he is an Ardbeg.
That was it.
- This guys opened and tasted it