- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- The Ardbeg Committee
- Ex-Bourbon Cask / Ex-Rum Cask Finish
- 52.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- Members of the Ardbeg Committee
- Added on
- 30 Aug 2018 10:58 am by thebase
58 × in wishlist
211 × member ratings
1335 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Ardbeg Drum - Committee Release
24 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.89 points
- Look at all the high ratings from the flippers. Blacklisted..
- Okay, let's recap.
Quote Homepage Ardbeg: "Ardbeg Drum is a delicious Jamboree of various flavors: Ardbeg Scotch whisky from former bourbon barrels, which matured in former rum barrels. In addition to notes of bananas and pineapple, scented pine resin, wood smoke and sea spray dance. Lavender, liquorice and vanilla linger in rich, dark chocolate before everything ends in a long, smoky reverberation. "End quote.
Of course, one can - of course - be divided about what is "delicious". A Nachreifung in rum barrels is of course complete nonsense. The stored at most in barrels that camped next to barrels. Bananas? Yes, okay, there was. But there was nothing dancing there. Lavender? Well, with a lot of goodwill. Chocolate? Try again. He was smoky, the "reverberation". Not long.
Once again, this is a committee release. From A rdbe g. Any questions? Yes. For example, where, please, the quality is, which justifies an initial issue price of 95 euros - in words: ninety-five. That can not really be serious, Ardbeggians, or.
Sorry, but this bottling was a sentence with x.
As bright as it appears in the glass, it smells so bright: smoked pear slices, a freshly mown meadow, green grapes, sap, green branches. Something metallic. Bad luck, if he should not really be that (which I doubt), but all in all he smells "immature" and young. Machine oil and fresh tar, freshly caught fish, served with a dash of lemon.
Dry onset with a hearty-spicy smoky note. Smoked ham resonates. Roasted lemon peel. Pear juice. Quick black pepper and a little chilli spice. Curry bananas. So, and now? Already layer in the shaft? Seems like that, the miner's lamp at least does not burn anymore. So get out of here.
Medium long would be exaggerated, something just before short. Dry. The smoke, however, still quite intense, next to pear, lemon and black pepper.
- Ardbeg needs to suspend it's releasing for a while and produce some REAL WHISKY, rather than keep giving these trash-like 7 year-old nas
- Those who can’t feel the rum and don’t like it probably have some problems of nose or palate.
- He really is not my case. What kind of rum would that have been? Definitely a "dirtier" and spicier I would guess.
Ashy smoke, slightly greasy touch, youthful touch, then acidity, sour cucumbers, freshly cut grass, phenolic, in the second nose I get a mixture of tar and black bread - quite strange
Very sweet smoke, quite creamy, here are also fruity notes of peach and grapes, ashen, also a hint of sour cucumbers although a weaker than in the nose, the second sip is almost watery even though more pressure comes from the smoke
Oak spice, some bitter and metallic smoke, very idiosyncratic notes at the end, that goes in the direction of musty and wet Warehouseboden
- Omg all you aggro guys who low rate cause you didn't get one bottle. Do sports.
- Definitely an Ardbeg!
- Save your money. You can make your own Drum at home. Pour a dram of Ardbeg Ten, add a half of teaspoon of brown sugar, a drop of molasses and garnish with pineapple. Ya Mon!
- I am disappointed by the colleague! From the influence of the rome I notice very little, a little bit of banana and with some time and a lot of imagination also pineapple, but otherwise a pretty common, young smoker! Not a bad whisky, but by far the weakest committee release I know!
- This is the hitherto most miserable whisky from the Ardbeg Comittee Edition. As a customer, Ardbeg has completely lost me now. Here is matured whisky without a noteworthy character at high prices quickly sold. The stupid is the customer.
I am very happy to have just had a sample of it and not even bought a whole bottle of it!
artificial vanillin, an undefinable artificial note, butterscotch, shortbread, light formic acid, light butyric acid, artificial bitter almond baking flavor
flat, smoky, thin, medicinal, phenolic, sweet
burning medical sweetness, nothing special!