7 × in wishlist
11 × member ratings
12 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Islay Single Malt 08-year-old TSCL
5 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 91.22 points
- Bought this whisky last saturday and spoke to the importer. This is an 8 year old octomore.
- Does cask number "OCT..." mean Octomore?
And if you say "OCT means octave cask and not Octomore", please tell what kind of casks is meant with CI (bottle #112246), BR, TM, BN, BR, AR?
Master Of Malt:
"8 year old Islay single malt, independently bottled by The Single Cask. This one comes from an undisclosed distillery on the Isle of Islay, though what we do know about the whisky is that it was initially matured in an ex-bourbon cask before being moved over to a 50 litre Oloroso sherry cask to be finished for 6 months. Just 75 bottles were produced."
- It does not matter what exactly this whisky is. The important thing is that it is a hammer material. Powerful, voluminous and very long on the tongue.
- It's not an Octomore!! I had deciphered what's inside while speaking to the bar owners and bartenders while drinking it at TSC SG.
- I suspect, "OCT ***" does not stand for "Octomore", but for "Octav barrel"