- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Hand-filled at the distillery
- Calculated age
- 19 years old
- 1st Fill Oloroso Sherry Cask
- 55.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 13 Aug 2018 3:01 am by mad69
13 × in wishlist
47 × member ratings
107 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Bowmore 1999
7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 90.20 points
- Not the best of the hand filled but still amongst the best, very consistent in quality to the others
- A brute nose at the beginning, sweeter in the mouth and gums on the finish. Basically musty-heavy and therefore demanding, for me not for every day. Just too hard. But in a good way.
Wow right after pouring just a bit scared. Very full and musty, musty, musty, heavy. Very challenging. After spending some time in the glass, he then opens and he becomes a little less brutal. But still a force. Many berries and heavy smoke, modern barrel. Very special.
The palate then much sweeter, more fruity and not so heavy or moldy. Almost stuffy compared to the nose. Old leather. Milk chocolate.
In the finish are light spices that fill the mouth. In addition, plenty of raisins, little pickled tomatoes and dark chocolate remain.
- Classic sherry, red berries and nutty.
But not as good as the # 2488 from 2000. Unfortunately, without its wonderful chocolateiness.
Clean barrel. Tasty and tasty, fun.
Sherry, more red (Johannis) berries and nuttier with some engine oil. Finest dry smoke and very fine maritime undertones.
Sweet, round, tasty. Nutty and feinrauchig and red berry in the mouth with a full volume. Fine peppery. Cocoa and some dark chocolate.
Sherry, nutty, some engine oil, red and black currants, cocoa, round. Good length
- A real masterpiece :)