- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 50 ml
- Added on
- 12 Aug 2018 7:44 pm by M134481
0 × in wishlist
10 × member ratings
88 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Wolfburn Northland
4 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 79.63 points
- I was very surprised by the very noticeable sweetness of this whisky. Tastes very good personally.
- Pleasant and young, so still quite spirit driven, but it gives a good idea of the quality of the new make spirit, which is more than decent.
the nose is very fruity (apples!), with a hint of grain and a slight antiseptic note. It’s clearly very fresh and youthful, but all in all a pleasant experience, especially after a few extra minutes in, when some tropical fruit notes rise to the surface with melon, kiwi, mango and some unripe bananas.
On the palate again the youthfulness is obvious with a bit of sharpness to it, with a mere hint of peat, that transforms to a bit of an earthy (clay) note and some burnt sugar. Quite surprising in fact, as the nose had me going in a different direction altogether. However, after adding a drop of water, the fruit I picked up on the nose, make a comeback.
The finish is dry, medium long with again the antiseptic element developing into an earthy note, with a memory of fruitiness before fading out.
- Very thin, no substance to it. Some fruit, vanilla and ashy smoke. Nothing directly unpleasant, just incredibly dull. Very happy I only bought a 5 cl sample, and not wasted real money on a full bottle.
- This is well beyond the new make status, the alcohol is well integrated, the aromas develop first complexities. It's great that the young whisky was not overloaded with all kinds of barrel finishes. I wish the Wolfburn distillates a safe journey.
clean, fresh and floral, vanilla, grape and sweet apple, oak with a mineral-ashy finish, banana, some (yeast) bread dough and ground nutmeg, hints of chewy caramel and almost ripe kiwi, barley, cotton candy, pineapple
Oak, more spice, pepper and thyme, slightly maritime smoky and strongly mineral, vanilla, honey, barley bran, nutty, removes raisins, relatively round and soft, but its low age is evident
malty, slightly astringent, ash, lots of vanilla, raisins, old oak