22 × in wishlist
119 × member ratings
256 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Talisker 1998
12 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.09 points
- A tamed giant. The typical Talisker smoke, pepper and saltyness is still there, but covered under a layer of creamy almond, white chocolate, cinnamon and tropical fruits. Lovely stuff.
- Nose 22, taste 22, finish 22, balance 22
- Smell: The body of the wine is still quite vigorous. It is not difficult to find some forest berries. The main theme is still chocolate. This is the freshest DE version I have tasted for the time being, but the level is still very small.
Drink: Warm and delicious wine, the entrance has more layering than the smell, but unfortunately the end rhyme will not last very long, and there is no time to discover what can be clearly left.
Feelings: This time the tasting notes of Tesca DE, I deliberately tasted the versions released in four different years on 19/13/11/09 at the same time. The overall result was disappointing. Except for the 19th edition, I gave the other three low scores below 8 points. The most deadly reason for them is that the wine has no vitality, low layering, and the spirit of the Tesca wine. I believe that many people will still think of them. It's delicious, but with me, they are lonely.
- One of the worst Talisker I tried.
Many false sherry notes, generally flat experience.
Composition with sour, stinky flavours that does not suit my taste at all.. big disappointment.
Definitely the worst Amoroso cask edition I tried so far.
Highly not recommended.
- Expected good whisky.
A little smoke, sweet on the nose like prunes and cherry jam.
Warm, sweet taste. Like jam.
Sweet and slightly smoky aftertaste.
- Not my favorite Talisker.
The nose doesn't give away a lot. Less nutty than the 2006 distillers edition. A very light smoke and a warmer creamy vanilla note.
Less body than expected from the creamy nose and the thick tears in the glass. Spicy, pepper and a grape fruit bitterness. Oak tannins and a little orange taste but I miss the Talisker maritime touch in here.
Medium finish, slightly peaty and sweet.
- A good annual release, the next 1999 was already worse. 2000 just disappointed. ps: Ralph even put 90 in his whisky review 141. Good annual release, 1999 had worse. 2000 just disappointed. ps: Ralf gave this whisky 90, whisky review 141.