- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Experimental Series No. 04
- Finished in Latin Rum Casks
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 750 ml
- Added on
- 24 Jul 2018 12:17 pm by Dirk
10 × in wishlist
35 × member ratings
183 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenfiddich Fire & Cane
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.45 points
- Another experimental whisky from Glenfiddich. Peaty & smokey, smooth, warming. An entry level peated whisky.
Some peat and smoke, but mostly mild & fruity
Bold peat! Honey, spices, smoke, with some sharpness and a bit of fruity pear.
Smooth, warming, and smokey. Medium length
- I’m not the biggest peat fan, but this is kind of doing it for me. It’s got highlights from early 60’s Glenfiddich and a heavy handed peat bomb (think of that light apple fruit note mixing with some new school ashy smoke and sweet malt) with some lovely light fruit.
The nose is light! Fruity and smoky, not the same 'Fiddich that you know. There’s a big waft of soft peat and honey, rosehip tea and teak wood.
The palate is big, much bigger than the nose leads on! Sweets and sesame snaps lead the way with a smoked apple pie note underneath. The soft peat comes slowly at first then faster and faster. Slowly consuming the sweet malt and pushing the finish.
The finish... this is the smoky shine of Fire&Cane. It’s a little rough around the edges in a great way. Smoke all over, sweet oak and wood spices, and vanilla apple custard settle at the bottom.
Aromatic smoke ... light in the chicken wings direction.
A little later: soft sweet fruits
Smoky sweet and some fruit.
Something smoke and mild