- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 10 years old
- Bourbon Barrel
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 18 Jul 2018 4:15 pm by Ras Mazunga
4 × in wishlist
48 × member ratings
136 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Ardbeg Ten
11 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.95 points
- If you want to get rid of whisky drinking from a beginner, this is the place for you;). Nice smoky, dirty, really Islay.
- Color: white wine
Nose: Earthy, slightly wet dog, vanilla, bacon, leather, workshop, motor oil, sea air. Wonderful pot of impressions.
Palate: crisps and fresh, malt, smoke, cereals, smoked lemons in one. Just great.
- since I am not sooo smoky, I only try to leave my subjective impressions and do not give any points here.
First of all: smoke, viiieeellll smoke !!! Very peaty, but somehow it has something of a campfire with a phenolic tinge. Maritime note and some sweetness. Something slightly fruity (citrus freshness) in the background. Something herbal is far in the background. Yes, and some seaweed. Tanned leather! Subtle smoked ham too.
Smoke! Peppery start and sweetness. Oak and malt. Smoke decreases and is no longer so dominant. A hint of coffee can be heard. Maritime comes through delayed. Slightly spices and slightly nutty.
Still smoky. Malt and oak. Sweetness fades and the bitter (coffee) aroma remains. Some tobacco / tobacco ash.
- Besides the reduction, this Ardbeg ten is really nice. It's a pleasant surprise.
It is slightly alcoholic, on a mineral peat and especially very saline.
There is smoked fish and peat oil.
It's light, it's reduced ... too much? We have leather and peat "dirty" with this side saddle horse.
There are some nice spices.
Average final. There is clearly more than peat oil and cocoa.
- Nose salty brine, very light white fruit, slight butter
Arrival sweet dry melon
Development slight bitter tones, continuing sweet melon
Finish dry bitter salty and long
- Would be very good if not for the bitterness on the palate and finish, as that really pulls this down.
I would rather drink a Big Peat than this!
Very light smoke, peat and light fruits.
Sweet peat, drying and bitterness.
Drying and bitterness