- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Loyalty of the Wolf
- Stated Age
- 14 years old
- Sherry Seasoned Cask (American Oak) + Bourbon
- 42.3 % Vol.
- 1000 ml
- Bottle code
- L0258A L10 05/06 21:40
- Bottled for
- Travel Retail
- Added on
- 08 Jul 2018 11:52 am by ctu
33 × in wishlist
175 × member ratings
625 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Highland Park 14-year-old
20 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 82.92 points
- I like this Whisky. It is an elegant Dram and in my opinion it is better than the 12y. Nice grassy, malty and fruity aroma with Heather. Well the Distillery character shoes this Highland Park very good. We also have lighty peat and smoke, as I like it. It is a very good all day dram!
- coming from the 12 YO i was a little disappointed, expected something different.
dry dry dry... too dry for me, leaves me wanting to sip some water
- Nose 21, taste 21, finish 20, balance 20
- A very layered and uncollected whisky
Nose - 21
Taste - 21
Finish - 20
Balance - 19
Rating - 81
- 20 20 19 20 79
14 sad years, I don't even want to drink, it's so "tasty", full of sadness ...
- sweet, apple, smoke, pepper, smoke, light cherry
- Reminds something of the 12 year old.
Smells tasty, tastes disappointing.
So I would rather take the 12 year old.
Fresh and vanilla, green apple, sweet, aromatic smoke in the background.
sweet and very soft. The barrel is noticeable through the oak seasoning.
rather short, dry and spicy.
- N: orange, medium smoke
P: orange, salt, medium smoke hint of chocolate
- An article where we find the HP spirit. Simple and inexpensive.
Well perfumed nose, on honey and heather, a little wax, baked apple. Trace of iodine. The characteristics of Highland Park are present.
Mouth a little behind, because of the low alcohol content. Pity. The texture is slightly creamy, easy, on honey, heather, pepper. Probably very greedy in cask brut. A more vegetal, bitter finish. The whole is quite exciting.
Medium finish, on heather, pepper, some wood. A little below.