- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Sherry-seasoned American Oak casks
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 1000 ml
- Bottled for
- Travel Retail
- Added on
- 08 Jul 2018 11:51 am by ctu
17 × in wishlist
58 × member ratings
300 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Highland Park Spirit of the Bear
4 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 80.82 points
- 80 – 82 (B-) = Not-too-bad – no major flaws, worth tasting
This is the stuff I’d recommend you try at the bar, an event or at a friend’s house before buying a bottle. There’s nothing really wrong with it, it’s just not… quite… there.
- The new entry level in HP's duty free line-up.
I actually like it better than the old Viking Warrior entry.
Sweeter, rounder, more enjoyable.
Thanks to ronnholt for the sample.
Nose is nice enough, recognisable HP profile.
Mellow sherry notes.
Very gentle, sweet and rounded.
Ripe orange, prunes and dades.
A little spice and wood mixed in.
Arrives with a very nice velvety mouthfeel.
But it doesn't manage to hold it, kind of delutes in the mouth.
Tastes good though. Sweet, but not overly so.
It's what you would and should expect from a 40% NAS in this price range; simple and basic, yet something I would not mind to sip for an entire evening.
This is it's weak point.
There are some chocolate and spice notes, but they don't last very long.
- Blindtasting. Interesting in Nosing, yummy & tasty in the taste, unfortunately quite disappointing in the finish. Can not be more than 40%. I did not find smoke.
Sherry, fruity, sweet, spicy, ginger
soft, balanced, oily, sweet, rather simple as complex, pretty tasty!
Very short and weak, very little wood, disappointing.