- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Marsala Edition
- Stated Age
- 05 years old
- Marsala Vergine
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 07 Jul 2018 7:08 pm by whisky313
8 × in wishlist
62 × member ratings
104 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Puni Vina 05-year-old
10 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 81.68 points
- By no means unpleasant, nose up to the youth OK - unfortunately in the mouth too shallow, because I'm not enough, Nachklang no indication - I'll try again when he gets double-digit in old age
- And who would have thought one day to try an all-Italian whisky ??? Predominant both nose and palate of raisins and walnuts, marsala feels great and is a positive feeling: it strongly characterizes the product. Very pleasant, especially on the palate: full-bodied despite its young age, good to drink also as an aperitif. In short, successful! The finish is a little short and weak, where I feel a slight musty aftertaste, but you can forgive it. Other than that the vote could be an 80 so not bad! Let's give 85 of encouragement, because I am now very curious to try older bottlings given the exceptional work done here with only a few years of experience on my shoulders (let's not forget that we are talking about a company born in 2010, against distilleries operating from 200 and years pass!) The bottle is also very beautiful, which reminds me of a famous futurist work by Bertelli.
- Great nose but then he flattens off a bit. But overall ok
Apricots maybe also some melon ... dates could be too. Beautiful fruit compote.
Spicy with slightly less fruit than in the nose. There is another note that I can not define. A little bit of bitterness
A little longer ... kit of a slight bitterness
raisins, marzipan, marinated in brandy
dark sweet wine (heavy sweet compote of dark ripe sweet cherries mixed with brandy notes), creamy, some alcohol, raisins, slight hints of bitter almond (from the oak barrel)
warming, a bit metallic, raisins sound longer
- In the nose, the youthful freshness is clear. Hints from the barrel are noticeably present, but the nose is generally out of round and is characterized by cereal notes. On the palate, the influence is stylistic and it looks set and mature with beautiful aromas. If you just focus on the taste while hiding the accompanying Verriechen then he is downright treatable - 29.09.2018
The Marsala comes through but superficially star primarily corn and malt. Fruity freshness, precocious cherry, mango, raisins, dark chocolate, unbalanced spiciness
Watery texture, neat and long-lasting sharpness, white pepper, dryness spreads, leather, fresh tobacco, dark chocolate, oak spice, herbal notes
- A great Italian whisky
fruity sweet, after ripe summer fruits like strawberry and peach
very fruity, apples and pears, light sherry notes
mild and short
- The 5 years in Marsala cask have produced a dark, extremely fragrant whisky The youth is still there, but not disturbing. Sweetish taste with cinnamon and nuts. The 43% tolerate 2-3 drops of water. Dangerously tasty.