- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- James MacArthur (JM)
- Bottling serie
- Old Master's - Cask Strength Selection
- Stated Age
- 10 years old
- Bourbon Barrel
- 57.8 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 04 Nov 2009 1:45 pm
0 × in wishlist
20 × member ratings
17 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Clynelish 1997 JM
7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.56 points
- Aftes tasting this whisky again (on a warm spring evening) I`ve noticed a very nice salty note `somewhere in the middle`. This dissapears almost completely after adding some water.
So I add a point extra and put this one in the 90`s
- Nose: (neat) much vanilla and fresh fruit, very nice. With water: drowns very quick, carefull here! Two teaspoons on a average dram max!
Taste: again much vanilla, green apples, fresh barley, hay. When tasting neat there is a very nice salty note `somewhere in the middle`, disapears almost completely after adding some water.
Finish: medium long, very pleasant.
Overall: not too complicated but a very nice and fragile dram. Cannot take much water but doesn`t need to. A small drop to cut down on the alcohol is enough.
- N: vanilla, lavender, pine resin, spicy and wood
T: apple-pie, spicy - cinnamon, fruity - tangerine, nice round and very full
F: very long, briny and citrus - lemon
a nice coastal highlander
- The nose is clear vanilla, with salt and green apples, like a hot applepancake! The taste is soft and round with slightly salty and green apple,but also quiet some herbs, wood and peat smoke, the finish is long, dry and salty with a hint of licorice at the end! Delicious, uncomplicatedwhisky!