- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Signatory Vintage (SV)
- Bottling serie
- The Un-Chillfiltered Collection - Cask Strength
- Stated Age
- 11 years old
- First Fill Sherry Hogshead
- Number of bottles
- 66.8 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- The Whisky Barrel Exclusive
- Added on
- 26 Jun 2018 9:05 pm by Titan2015
9 × in wishlist
25 × member ratings
50 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenlivet 2007 SV
8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.87 points
- the most intense, full bodied sherry bomb I've ever tasted
Dark chocolates, Christmas cake, a nice warm mocha latte. Nothing that speaks that this sucker is 66.8% ABV.
Ok, it's certainly hot, but the alcohol carries a lot of sweetness in the form of cherry liqueur, mandarin oranges, blood orange cinnamon donut, milk chocolates, and a hint of sourness. Also truth be told, there is a bit of sweet, fragrant wood/incense that is common in Hanyus, Chichibus, and Karuizawas. Swims very well with water, with even more sweetness coming out to play.
Long, and very sweet.
- This Glenlivet is a great argument against cask strength bottling. Proofed down to 46–48% this is stellar. At cask strength just ridiculous. I don’t want to have to perform a lab experiment every time I want to enjoy a dram.
- tastes and smells significantly more mature than the label suggests - fat, oily Refillstyle (Stammtisch Dram)