- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Cask Finishes
- 50.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 26 Jun 2018 1:16 pm by danilo
10 × in wishlist
69 × member ratings
156 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Arran The Amarone Cask Finish
13 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.52 points
- Nice sweet flavour, with good strength
- Sometimes finishes can improve a whisky, this time it didn’t. Tasted at the Wicked Whisky Compagnie Arran tasting.
Very floral, some slight sherry notes, mostly orange.
Nutty arrival, raisins, wet wood. Some tannins and pepper too.
Quite short, mostly raisins and wood notes.
Very light, which indicates a low%, fruity, acidic, I had early forest berries on the nose, cinnamon, pepper, changes
Absolute "sugar" bomb in the mouth, now very sweet fruity, then comes a spiciness, chilli, pepper, salt, Christmas spices like gingerbread, no sign of burning, the 50% does not notice
Medium length, fruity persistence
- The influence of the Italian red wine barrels makes it something warm, spicy, fruity, pear and plum. In the mouth it is mostly woody. Prune, caramel. Very good finish.
- Nice fruity malt, I like it. But still very young. The aromas are concentrated and powerfully carried on the first start of the high alcohol content, but fade quite quickly and it forms a slightly metallic / spritiger finish. Prices less than 40 € I think OK, over 40 € he would not personally worth it.
- Nose: Flowery, quite appealing, fruity but with 50% to sprittig and distinct youth.
Slightly reduced to 43%, it opens up and looks rounder overall.
Tongue: Softer than expected at first, fresh fruit notes then the alcohol hits. Reduced again better and a little more complex.
Finish: Not long enough. Kind of tinny.
Conclusion: A little more maturity would be a dream
- Good malt with a very interesting smell and taste. Something else. Unfortunately, a bit spry and young.