- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Cask Finishes
- 50.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 26 Jun 2018 1:16 pm by danilo
8 × in wishlist
37 × member ratings
109 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Arran The Amarone Cask Finish
8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.29 points
- Nice fruity malt, I like it. But still very young. The aromas are concentrated and powerfully carried on the first start of the high alcohol content, but fade quite quickly and it forms a slightly metallic / spritiger finish. Prices less than 40 € I think OK, over 40 € he would not personally worth it.
- Nose: Flowery, quite appealing, fruity but with 50% to sprittig and distinct youth.
Slightly reduced to 43%, it opens up and looks rounder overall.
Tongue: Softer than expected at first, fresh fruit notes then the alcohol hits. Reduced again better and a little more complex.
Finish: Not long enough. Kind of tinny.
Conclusion: A little more maturity would be a dream
- Good malt with a very interesting smell and taste. Something else. Unfortunately, a bit spry and young.
- the nose is overwhelming, red fruits, grapes, some cherries was the first thing on my mind. than there is some malty, spicey tone, hints of oak. finish is all right but rather short
- N: sweet, full of red (cherry) fruit
P: fruity, sweet, drying and smooth, the wine is clearly there
F: spiced red fruit and warm
C: lovely clean finish, better then 15 years ago