Macallan Genesis

Strength
L0168A L10 09/04 13:44
24 Jun 2018 5:26 pm by Docmacwhisky

Whisky Reviews for Macallan Genesis

9 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.56 points

1. Macallan1968 scored this whisky 78 points Expert Senior

As ak47 already wrote, this whisky from Macallan is unfortunately a delusion! I go one step further. For me, this Macallan is under 80 points. Then a word to the users who want to sell this bottle here on the marketplace. Set the bottle for realistic prices! Although the bottle is available only at the distillery and The Macallan Airport Boutiques for £ 495. Justifiable no prices of 5000 pounds. I call that rip-off!

2. Whiskysmith scored this whisky 90 points Member Senior

Thought I’d Post my review of Macallan Genesis since there’s so much talk about the price but little about the whisky itself. I recently visited the distillery and took the opportunity to try a dram for £55 from their bar.
    Online it’s been slated but I think this is due to the exorbitant price. I was lucky to get a bottle in the ballot but am scared to open it as the price climbed.
    Colour: dark
    Nose: dried fruits- cherries, apricots and raisins, sweetness
    Taste: cherries, toffee, slight spice. Juicy and fresh
    Finish: medium, woody
    Overall I thought it was a good decent dram. Waiting for a big occasion excuse that justifies cracking open my bottle!

3. zerttbone did not rate this whisky Member Senior

Dont blame the sellers , blame mac first with this balot lotery. The sell price is allready steep. But the hype make it a botlle you will never find under 1K. I was also lucky for the first time and to be honest also for investment ,because that s what they created by themselve, eveyting is limited everything is edition 1 eveything is concept 1 , we keep on rolling , dont blame the score , the price, how many bottles get + 90 scores and you know never or never one tast it ? . just for driving the price. If the fool still pays the king rules.

4. ak47 scored this whisky 84 points Expert Senior

Disappointing! I compared it with a Macallan 18 from 1991/2009. The 18 year old was much better! 88 Points for the Mac 18 by the way!

5. Whiskysmith scored this whisky 90 points Member Senior

Colour: dark
    Nose: dried fruits- cherries, apricots and raisins, sweetness
    Taste: cherries, toffee, slight spice. Juicy and fresh
    Finish: medium, woody

6. The flying Scot scored this whisky 90 points Expert Senior

I agree £5000 is a rip-off, but that is what they are making in the auctions plus 10% commission to the buyer

7. karloff did not rate this whisky Specialist

Does 85 sound about right? Not what I am reading. 60 odd seems about right.

8. lincolnimp did not rate this whisky Connoisseur

The last lot of these on SWA sold for 2.8k & 2.9k but looking at the average score on here I have to ask, considering the £495 purchase price, is the Macallan badge in real terms and taste really work 2.5k to you?

9. LukeFive did not rate this whisky Connoisseur

Official tasting notes:

Colour:
    Rich amber

Nose:
    Subtle sweet dried fruits, oak, fresh apple and chocolate

Palate:
    Subtle spices (cinnamon), ginger, chocolate, an elegant mouth coating, the dried fruits on the taste are far more intense than on the nose

Finish:
    Medium length, sweet yet dry. A clean and warming finish