- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Wood Finish Series
- 1st Fill Ex-Bourbon + Sassicaia Casks Finish
- 45.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 22 Jun 2018 4:33 pm by Astrid
2 × in wishlist
29 × member ratings
66 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Benromach 2010 - Sassicaia
5 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.15 points
- Tasted on 11-03-2019 in Aberlour.
- A rather woody companion who didn't really pick me up.
Slightly smoky, caramel, orange, light sweetness
peppery, spicy, oak wood
quite short, peppery, woody, smoke
- Bourbon and red wine are well married and accentuate the woody side, the influence of red fruits, blackberries, blueberries, muscat grapes, heather earth, chestnuts cooked in the fireplace, crispy cereals, rutabaga. Appealing palate, with lots of ripe fruit, plums, apples, blackcurrants. Very good finish, quite long, on pumpkin and greenery, fern, acacia leaf, but also chocolate, cinnamon, plums. Tannins. Wet earth.
- last exit for a little WL, for a singular wood!
tannic, fruity on the Madeira
varied spices, with nutmeg, wood, wine too!, it is rather sweet and monolithic.
simple, rather short, a certain sweetness in the mouth with this aftertaste of a cooked wine.
- Smoke, grapes, ginger, little tobacco, hay, stable, nutmeg, hazelnut and light pepper.