- Blended Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- First Edition
- 46.6 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- L 13 06 18
- Added on
- 21 Jun 2018 2:54 pm by holborndrinker
one in wishlist
12 × member ratings
29 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Steel Bonnets Blended Malt Whisky
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.89 points
- A nice blend, with a hint of smoke and a very full character. Beautiful vanilla notes with sweet notes of dried fruit, toffee and a little spicy towards ginger. For a 4-year old English single malt blends with up to 25-year-old Scots exceptionally well!
46.6% is The Lakes signature strength.
C: This works just fine. Tasty, accessible/rounded blended malt.
- A nicely presented bottle with a backstory, but the contents are less interesting. Has some depth, but is not complex. Overall not a bad drink.
A mix between citric and sweet fruit, with a slight hint of smoke in the end
A continuation of the nose but with smoke now more apparent. A touch of vanilla emerges, slightly herbal as well.
The finish is rather short and dry. Traces of smoke, but most sweetness now gone.
- A nicely presented bottle - the whisky inside is easy to drink. Not particularly complex, but decent nonetheless.
- Decent enough, and the abv at least gives it some body.
Plenty of malted barley notes, as well as a good amount of smoke. Young (metallic) and quite intense. There's some pineapple sweetness and pear skin in the background, as well as a hint of freshly spliced oak, cloves and vanilla.
Extremely malty, with some sweet smoke, vanilla and unpleasant plastic-y notes. A tad sour, although I find it hard to place. Some mild spices as well, and slightly drying too.
On the shorter side, especially considering the peat-y aspect of this whisky.
- Steel Bonnets is a blend of malt whiskies from England and Scotland